Hands Across the Sea - Sarah Spencer c. 1870 – A Little Gem - Soie d'Alger Thread Kit
Pre Order Available. Estimated Ship Date: Late June / Early July
Sarah Spencer, c 1870" is the 3rd in a series of “Little Gems” from Hands Across the Sea Samplers. Sarah is suitable for needleworkers of all abilities and would make an ideal “starter” project for those wishing to explore sampler.
**Please note, Sampler Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea.**
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 9 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 10 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 28 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Quarter - Pecan Shortbread - 18" x 35"
- 37 ct Fat Eighth - Corn Tassel - 18" x 17.5"
- 38 ct Fat Eighth - Fuller's Teazel - 18" x 17.5"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Silk Thread colors include:
- SDF 945 - Garnet (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2216 - Avocado green - dark
- SDF 2532 - Straw - light
SDF 2636 - Terracotta
- SDF 3734 x 2 - Khaki green - dark
- SDF 4622 - Salmon
- SDF 4623 - Salmon - very dark
- SDF 5383 - Grey Green
- ***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"Sarah Spencer is a very common name in England so we were unable to research our Sarah. You will note the reversed “S” in Sarah. It is not unusual for young children to reverse letters when they read and write but Sarah stitched the letter correctly in her surname. She could have simply got it wrong and did not take the time to correct her mistake. However, that does not tally with the neatness of her stitching and the diligence she showed in completing her sampler. We think it could be her way to record that although her name was spelt with an “S” it is pronounced differently like a soft vibrated “Z”."