Margaret Beattie, 1866 is an adorable historical sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
The sampler is worked mainly in cross stitch over two threads of linen, the text has been worked in cross stitch over 1 strand of linen.
The project is suitable for needleworkers of all levels of ability.
Choice of purchasing thread only, Printed Chart only or as full kit with linen.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice, Printed Chart Booklet + 23 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase + Free Shipping)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice, Printed Chart Booklet + 25 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase + Free Shipping)
- 30 ct Fat Quarter - Victoria Sponge Cake - 18" x 35"
- 37 ct Fat Quarter - Corn Tassel - 18" x 35"
- 37 ct Fat Quarter - Russian Tea Cake - 18" x35"
- 38 ct Fat Quarter - Fuller's Teazel - 18" x 35"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Includes:
- SDF 946 Christmas red
- SDF 1024 Raspberry
- SDF 1715 Grey green
- SDF 1843 Fern green
- SDF 2124 Avocado green ~ light
- SDF 2125 Avocado green
- SDF 2223 Olive green
- SDF 2243 Old gold
- SDF 2641 Terracotta (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2756 Tan ~ vy light
- SDF 2931 Salmon ~ light
- SDF 3221 Brown grey
- SDF 3841 Beaver grey
- SDF 4112 Desert sand ~ light
- SDF 4235 Hazelnut brown
- SDF 4522 Tan
- SDF 4523 Desert sand (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 4533 Beige grey
- SDF 5021 Fern green ~ light
- SDF 5023 Blue green
- SDF 5381 Blue green ~ light
- SDF Blanc Snow white
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"The small mill town of Brighouse stands on the bank of the River Calder in North Yorkshire. In 1753 there were only 55 houses in Brighouse with many local people working in the textile industry from their own homes.
In the 1841 census the Fletcher family can be found living on New Road. In the 1851 census Sarah was in service as a housemaid to a merchant’s family in Wells Close, Hipperholme cum Brighouse. It appears that her father had died by this time, and her mother can be found as the head of the household with Pricilla and two grandchildren. She is noted as a proprietor of houses, indicating a level of financial comfort. Unfortunately, we can find no further mention with a degree of certainty of our Sarah."