Hands Across the Sea - Mary Cornwall ~ Soie d'Alger Thread Kit
Pre Order Available. Estimated Ship Date: Early July
Mary Cornwall is a cute small red sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
The sampler is suitable for needleworkers of all levels of ability.
The design is worked in cross stitch over two threads of linen, with a section under Mary's name which she worked in cross stitch over four threads of linen. She used cross stitch over one thread to record her name. The other stitches used are backstitch, alternating double backstitch, Algerian eyelet, and four-sided stitch.
Choice of purchasing thread only, Printed Chart Booklet or as full kit.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice, Printed Chart Booklet + 2 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice, Printed Chart Booklet + 3 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Eighth - Victoria Sponge Cake - 18" x 17.5"
- 37 ct Fat Eighth - Corn Tassel - 18" x 17.5"
- 38 ct Fat Eighth - Fuller's Teazel - 18" x 17.5"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Includes:
SDF 2916 x 2 (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"In the year 1827 in the historic city of Edinburgh, Scotland, a young girl finished stitching a sampler. Today, we celebrate the life of Mary Cornwall through the reproduction of her sampler.
Scotland’s family history records are not the easiest ones to research, and without an age to indicate a year of birth, we cannot pinpoint Mary with certainty. However, a possible Mary was born on March 24, 1819. She was baptised in Saint Cuthberts in Edinburgh on April 25th. Her parents were James Cornwall and his wife Elizabeth, née Sime.
One of the distinguishing features of Scottish samplers are the inclusion of family initials. Mary’s parents’ initials matched the first two recorded by Mary on her sampler. Mary had a brother Thomas and a sister Margaret, a TC and an MC are the third and fourth set of initials on her sampler."