Hands Across the Sea - Anna Sophia Bircham, 1871 - Soie d'Alger Thread Kit
Anna Sophia Brcham, 1871 is a lovely sampler from Hands Across the Sea. This beautiful sampler has been reproduced with a palette of twenty-six colours from Au Ver à Soie’s range of Soie 100.3.
**Please note, Sampler Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea.**
Kit Options :
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 27 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 38 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Half of Pecan Shortbread - 35" x 36"
- 37 ct Fat Half of Corn Tassel -35" x 36"
- 38 ct Fat Half of Fuller's Teazel - 35" x 36"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Kit Includes:
- SDF 934 ~ Carnation ~ medium
- SDF 1711 ~ Antique blue ~ ultra very (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 1713 ~ Antique blue ~ light
- SDF 1714 ~ Antique blue ~ medium (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 1753 ~ Straw ~ very dark (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2136 ~ Hunter green ~ very dark (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2145 ~ Olive green ~ very dark
- SDF 2245 ~ Topaz ~ dark
- SDF 2912 ~ Shell pink ~ very light
- SDF 2915 ~ Salmon ~ dark
- SDF 2925 ~ Garnet (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2926 ~ Garnet ~ dark
- SDF 3416 ~ Beaver grey ~ ultra dark
- SDF 3726 ~ Fern green ~ dark (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 3736 ~ Khaki green ~ dark
- SDF 3821 ~ Old gold ~ very light
- SDF 3833 x 2 ~ Mustard (4 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 4214 ~ Golden brown ~ dark
- SDF 4526 ~ Mocha beige ~ dark
- SDF 4622 ~ Shell pink ~ light
- SDF 4623 ~ Dusty rose ~ ultra dark
- SDF 4625 ~ Garnet ~ very dark (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 5381 ~ Grey green ~ very light
- SDF 5384 ~ Grey green ~ medium
- SDF 5386 ~ Turquoise ~ very dark
- SDF F18 ~ Hazelnut brown ~ light (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
“Anna Sophia was 13 years old when she stitched her sampler. At age 22, in 1880, she can be found living at 20 Sussex Gardens, Hyde Park, London and marrying Frederick Charles Bishop. Anna Sophia and Frederick, together with their 3-month-old daughter Alice Maria, were recorded in the 1881 census as living at 149 Cromwell Road, Kensington. Frederick, at only 25, is listed as a butler, a prestigious role within the domestic servants’ hierarchy for one so young.
Anna Sophia and Frederick were to have one more child, a son called Charles Frederick, born in 1883. Anna Sophia passed away in 1884 aged just 26. She died in Norfolk, possibly she and the children had returned to her parents whilst ill.
The 1891 census finds Frederick in Chelsea, London, as the butler to the very wealthy Francis William Lowther and in charge of a large household staff."