Hands Across the Sea - Jane Hardy 1840 ~ a Little Gem - Soie 1003 Thread Kit
Jane Hardy c 1840~ A Little Gem is cute colorful sampler and is the 9th in a series of Little Gems from Hands Across the Sea.
**Please note, Sampler Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea.**
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
Includes linen of choice + 11 spool of Soie 1003 thread and 2 Tapestry Size 10 Beading Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 37 ct Fat Eighth of Russian Tea Cake - 17.5" by 18"
- 45 ct Fat Eighth of Jersey Cream - 17.5" x 18"
- 53/63 ct Fat Eighth of Gothic Ivory - 18" x 29"
11 spool of Au Ver a Soie®, Soie 100/3 Kit Includes:
- SMS 022 - Golden olive
- SMS 038 - Apricot ~ medium
- SMS 072 - Blue green ~ medium
- SMS 107 - Salmon ~ very dark
- SMS 148 - Straw ~ light
- SMS 217 - Desert sand ~ light
- SMS 274 - Khaki green ~ dark
- SMS 486 - Antique blue ~ medium
- SMS 549 - Forest green ~ dark
- SMS 557** - Antique violet ~ medium ** SMS 439 will be substituted
- SMS 746 - Tan ~ light
- **Please note that the model was stitched using #557. The shade has since been discontinued
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
“The longest road out is the shortest road home”
Who can resist a red house sampler? Jane’s colourful sampler glows with good cheer. Contained within a stylised red carnation border is a delightful scene of a sturdy redbrick house surrounded by urns of fruit, four birds and auriculas. The parkland abounds with deer, two small dogs and an aristocratic cat with tail held high. The three chimneys, with smoke billowing, create a feeling of “home is where the hearth is” and adds to the overall feeling of warmth the sampler conveys.
Jane stitched the number four in 1840 backwards. Writing numbers backwards (mirror-writing) is not unusual for young children, it is how their brain processes what they see.