Maria Ewin, 1820 is a beautiful colorful sampler from Hands Across the Sea.
Maria executed her sampler predominantly with cross stitches laid over two threads of linen; only the verse has been worked in cross stitch over one thread of linen. The sampler is suitable for needleworkers of all levels of ability.
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only, printed chart only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 24 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads, Chart Booklet and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase + Free Shipping)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 28 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads, Chart Booklet and 2 Tapestry Size 28 Needles (Gift with Purchase + Free Shipping)
- 30 ct Fat Half - Mariner's Map - 35" x 36"
- 37 ct Fat Half of Russian Tea Cake - 35" x 36"
- 38 ct Fat Half of Fuller's Teazel - 35" x 36"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie 1003 kit Includes:
- SDF 946
- SDF 1726
- SDF 1845
- SDF 2236
- SDF 2757
- SDF 2916 (3 skeins for 30 ct)
- SDF 3226
- SDF 3423
- SDF 3426 (2 skeins for 30 ct)
- SDF 3433
- SDF 3434
- SDF 3724
- SDF 3733
- SDF 3734 (2 skeins for 30 ct)
- SDF 3815
- SDF 3832
- SDF 3835
- SDF 3836
- SDF 4533
- SDF 4534
- SDF F08
- SDF F09
- SDF F18
- SDF F21
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"Maria was an excellent stitcher. Her execution was precise and accurate. It amazes me that at the young age of 11 Maria took such great care with her work. My impression of Maria is that she was a very organized and disciplined girl. She shows great attention to detail in the way that she matched her top and bottom borders and then also matched her side borders with perfect symmetry.
In the border flowers, she carefully placed each pair of colours so as to not repeat a combination. She did so similarly in the floral band beneath the verse. I think she was very intentional with her colours and that the results were not just a happy accident. The balance of greens, reds, and blue against an otherwise neutral palette makes the sampler so visually appealing and alive with colour. I feel Maria’s sampler is a master class in design, colour placement, and execution."