Matilda Swallow, 1820 is the 2021 Queen of the May sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
This sampler is suitable for confident beginners to advanced needleworkers.
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
Includes linen of choice + 38 spools of Soie 1003 thread and 2 Tapestry Size 10 Beading Needles (Gift with Purchase + Free Shipping)
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie 1003 kit Includes:
- SMS 022 ~ Golden olive
- SMS 071 ~ Pewter ~ very light
- SMS 076 ~ Dusty rose ~ light
- SMS 077 ~ Raspberry ~ light
- SMS 079 ~ Moss green ~ dark
- SMS 080 ~ Beige grey ~ light
- SMS 129 ~ Golden olive ~ very dark
- SMS 142 ~ Tan ~ ultra very light
- SMS 152 ~ Olive green ~ very dark
- SMS 154 ~ Hazelnut brown ~ light
- SMS 155 ~ Golden brown ~ pale
- SMS 156 ~ Hazelnut brown - **SMS 492 will be substituted**
- SMS 211 ~ Off white
- SMS 252 ~ Mauve ~ medium
- SMS 303 ~ Old gold ~ medium
- SMS 309 ~ Grey green ~ very light
- SMS 323 ~ Old gold ~ light
- SMS 479 ~ Mocha beige ~ medium
- SMS 468 ~ Grey green ~ medium
- SMS 486 ~ green ~ dark
- SMS 494 ~ Salmon
- SMS 524 ~ Raspberry ~ very dark
- SMS 525 ~ Copper
- SMS 542 ~ Tan
- SMS 572 ~ Beige brown ~ medium
- SMS 584 ~ Mocha brown ~ very dark
- SMS 588 ~ Antique mauve ~ very dark
- SMS 607 ~ Dusty rose ~ ultra light
SMS 616 ~ Olive ~ dark
- SMS 634 ~ Mocha beige ~ light
- SMS 681 ~ Salmon ~ very dark
- SMS 705 ~ Avocado green ~ very dark
- SMS 712 ~ Grey green ~ light
- SMS 740 ~ Beige grey ~ medium
- SMS 756 ~ Black avocado green
- SMS 779 ~ Coral ~ dark
- SMS Crème ~ Cream
- SMS Noir ~ Black
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"Matilda showed great diligence and industry with her needle. The verse she chose for her sampler “The Lord my pasture shall prepare and feed me with a shepherd’s care” is the first verse of the hymn “The Good Shepherd” written by Joseph Addison.
The dominant motif in Matilda’s sampler is the magnificent Temple of Fame nestled between two fruiting trees and guarded by two red lions. The lions symbolise strength, courage, dignity, and pride. Two angels with trumpets signifying that they are the voice of God hover either side of the temple."