Minnie Standlake, 1897 is little gem sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
Minnie's sampler is suitable for needleworkers of all abilities. The stitches used are cross stitch over two threads.
**Please note, Sampler Thread Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only or as full kit.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 3 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 4 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Eighth - Victoria Sponge Cake - 17.5" x 18"
- 37 ct Fat Eighth - Corn Tassel - 18" x 17.5"
- 38 ct Fat Eighth - Fuller's Teazel - 18" x 17.5"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Includes:
- 944 x 2 ~ Christmas red (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- 1746 Antique blue ~ dark
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"Minnie’s sweet sampler certainly stood out for us as an example of a child’s needlework. Using only two colours, the twelve-year-old child recorded her alphabet in the upper and lower case, her numbers through 1 to 10, and a verse taken from Exodus 20:12.
“Honour thy father and mother that thy days may belong upon the land and which the Lord thy God giveth thee”.