Hands Across the Sea - Only One Rose ~ A Little Gem - Soie d'Alger Thread Kit
Only One Rose, a postcard from the heart ~ A Little Gem is the 5th in a series of “Little Gems” from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
**Please note, Sampler Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea.**
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only or as full kit.
Full Kit options:
Includes linen of choice + 14 skeins of Soie d'Alger thread and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 37 ct Fat Quarter - Legacy Linen Corn Tassel - 18" x 35"
- 30 ct Fat Quarter - Legacy Linen Mariner's Map - 17" x 35"
- 30 ct Fat Quarter - Legacy Linen Pecan Shortbread - 17" x 35"
14 Skeins of Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Kit Includes:
- SDF 216 - Pistachio green ~ ultra dark
- SDF 236 - Forest green ~ very dark
- SDF 523 - Golden olive ~ light
- SDF 945 - Christmas red ~ dark
- SDF 1013 - Salmon ~ light
- SDF 2232 - Straw ~ light
- SDF 2916 - Raspberry ~ dark
- SDF 2932 - Salmon ~ medium
- SDF 3026 - Raspberry ~ very dark
- SDF 3341 - Pearl grey ~ very light
- SDF 3446 - Pewter grey – very dark
- SDF 3724 - Pine green ~ medium
- SDF 4221 - Beige brown ~ ultra very light
- SDF 5022 - Blue green ~ medium
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"This sampler is a postcard from the heart. The sampler, designed and stitched by Nicola as a gift to her husband, has been inspired by samplers in her private collection and conveys several messages to her husband.
The ‘language of flowers’ was a Victorian-era means of communication in which various flowers and floral arrangements were used to send coded messages, allowing individuals to express feelings which otherwise could not be spoken.
The English are famous for their roses, and roses are deeply implanted in the English heart. They bring a sweetness of fragance and beauty of colouring, the rose is the queen of an English garden blooming from early summer until the Christmas bells ring out."