Hands Across the Sea -The Alexanders of Lintrathen, 1829 ~ A Little Gem - Soie d'Alger Thread Kit
The Alexanders of Lintrathen, 1829 ~ A Little Gem is delightful sampler from Hands Across the Sea.
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 20 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads, Printed Chart and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 25 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads, Printed Chart and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Half of Pecan Shortbread - 35" x 36"
- 37 ct Fat Eighth of Corn Tassel - 17.5" x 18"
- 37 ct Fat Eighth of Russian Tea Cake - 17.5" x 18"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Kit Includes:
- SDF 131 ~ Grey green ~ light
- SDF 163 ~ Navy blue ~ dark
- SDF 165 ~ Black
- SDF 525 ~ Golden olive
- SDF 935 ~ Coral ~ dark (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 1422 ~ Cornflower blue ~ medium
- SDF 2146 ~ Khaki green ~ dark
- SDF 2244 ~ Topaz ~ medium
- SDF 2646 ~ Garnet ~ medium (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2944 ~ Raspberry ~ medium
- SDF 3026 ~ Raspberry ~ very dark
- SDF 3045 ~ Plum ~ dark
- SDF 3316 ~ Grape ~ very light
- SDF 3735 ~ Avocado green ~ very dark (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 4226 ~ Golden brown
- SDF 4633 ~ Antique mauve ~ medium
- 3SDF 4645 ~ Antique mauve ~ dark
- SDF 5025 ~ Blue green ~ very dark
- SDF 5384 ~ Turquoise ~ light (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF S3932 ~ Beige brown ~ ultra very light
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"In the 1851 census, Jean Alexander can be found living with her sister Mary. She is listed as a handloom weaver of linen. Handloom weaving was a family business; the trade being handed down through the generations. It is possible that the linen the sampler was stitched on was woven by an Alexander. Whilst the 1851 census contains the last official mention of Jean Alexander, the survival of the sampler she stitched as a child is her lasting legacy. Her sampler is a primary historical source document in its own right."