Hands Across the Sea - Anna Sophia Bircham, 1871 - Soie 1003 Thread Kit
Anna Sophia Brcham, 1871 is a lovely sampler from Hands Across the Sea. This beautiful sampler has been reproduced with a palette of twenty-six colours from Au Ver à Soie’s range of Soie 100.3.
**Please note, Sampler Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea.**
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
Includes linen of choice + 26 spools of Soie 1003 threads and 2 Tapestry Size 10 Beading Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 37 ct Fat Half of Corn Tassel -35" x 36"
- 38 ct Fat Half of Fuller's Teazel - 35" x 36"
- 45 ct Fat Quarter of Foxtail Millet - 18" x 36"
- 53/63 ct Fat Eight of Sycamore Seed Pod - 18" x 29"
26 spools of Au Ver a Soie®, Soie 100/3 Kit Includes:
- SMS 002 ~ Grey green - very light
- SMS 022 ~ Straw ~ very dark
- SMS 072 ~ Grey green ~ medium
- SMS 070 ~ Carnation ~ medium
- SMS 071 ~ Antique blue ~ ultra very
- SMS 080 ~ Old gold ~ very light
- SMS 152 ~ Olive green ~ very dark
- SMS 278 ~ Shell pink ~ light
- SMS 335 - Garnet ~ dark - (previously SMS 2646)
- SMS 344 ~ Shell pink ~ very light
- SMS 356 ~ Antique blue ~ medium
- SMS 425 ~ Hazelnut brown ~ light
- SMS 427 ~ Antique blue ~ light
- SMS 491 ~ Hunter green ~ very dark
- SMS 494 ~ Salmon ~ dark
- SMS 499 ~ Garnet
- SMS 518 ~ Garnet ~ very dark
- SMS 519 ~ Mocha beige ~ dark
- SMS 523 ~ Dusty rose ~ ultra dark
- SMS 525 ~ Golden brown ~ dark
- SMS 531~ Khaki green ~ dark
- SMS 542 ~ Topaz ~ dark
- SMS 580 ~ Mustard
- SMS 696 ~ Beaver grey ~ ultra dark
- SMS 703 ~ Turquoise ~ very dark
- SMS 756 ~ Fern green ~ dark
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
“Anna Sophia was 13 years old when she stitched her sampler. At age 22, in 1880, she can be found living at 20 Sussex Gardens, Hyde Park, London and marrying Frederick Charles Bishop. Anna Sophia and Frederick, together with their 3-month-old daughter Alice Maria, were recorded in the 1881 census as living at 149 Cromwell Road, Kensington. Frederick, at only 25, is listed as a butler, a prestigious role within the domestic servants’ hierarchy for one so young.
Anna Sophia and Frederick were to have one more child, a son called Charles Frederick, born in 1883. Anna Sophia passed away in 1884 aged just 26. She died in Norfolk, possibly she and the children had returned to her parents whilst ill.
The 1891 census finds Frederick in Chelsea, London, as the butler to the very wealthy Francis William Lowther and in charge of a large household staff."