Hands Across the Sea - Ann Borrett 1646 - Soie 1003 Thread Kit
Ann Borrett, 1646 is another little gem sampler from Hands Across the Sea. Ann’s beautiful band sampler is highly decorative and even though she “rovght” her sampler three hundred and seventy-four years ago, the colours are still intense today.
Ann stitched her sampler over 3 threads of linen with stitches that are reversible. If you prefer, your sampler could be executed over 2 threads.
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only, printed chart only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
Includes linen of choice + 11 spools of Soie 1003 thread, + Printed chart booklet and 2 Tapestry Size 10 Beading Needles (Gift with Purchase) - Free Shipping included
- 38 ct Fat Quarter of Fuller's Teazel -18" x 35"
- 45 ct Fat Eighth of Wild Birdseed - 17.5" x 18"
- 53/63 ct Fat Eighth of Sycamore Seed Pod - 18" x 29"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie 1003 Kit Includes:
- SMS 080 ~ Beige grey - light
- SMS 135 ~ Terracotta
- SMS 199 ~ Olive green - medium
- SMS 217 ~ Desert Sand - light
- SMS 325 ~ Avocado green - very light
- SMS 491 ~ Hunter green ~ dark
- SMS 510 ~ Navy Blue
- SMS 524 ~ Christmas red ~ dark
- SMS 601 ~ Peacock Blue - very dark
- SMS 621 ~ Grey Green ~ very light
- SMS 776 ~ Straw - Light
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"The first two bands of Ann’s sampler also appear in the band sampler stitched by Jeane Vally in 1646. Jeane’s sampler is in the Goodhart Collection at Montecute House and is featured in the book “The Goodhart Collection” on page 88.
Band samplers were the traditional “test pieces” worked by young girls. Ann’s sampler or “sam cloth” is a visual catalogue of stitches and comprises of neat rows of patterns that are suitable for repeating motifs to adorn garments and household items. The alphabet at the bottom of Ann’s sampler and her inscription demonstrate her ability to mark household linen."