Hands Across the Sea - Ann Castle, 1811 - Soie d'Alger Thread Kit
Ann Castle is a lovely sampler from Hands Across the Sea. The design is suitable for intermediate and advanced needleworkers but is not beyond a determined beginner.
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 26 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads, Printed Chart and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 36 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads, Printed Chart, and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Half of Pecan Shortbread - 35" x 36"
- 37 ct Fat Half of Corn Tassel - 35" x 36"
- 38 ct Fat Half of Fuller's Teazel - 35" x 36"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Kit Includes:
- SDF 1814 - Blue green ~ light
- SDF 2242 x 2 - Yellow Beige ~ medium (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2633 - Terracotta ~ light
- SDF 2644 x 2 - Salmon ~ very dark (4 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2756 - Grey green ~ light
- SDF 3424 - Brown grey ~ medium (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 3425 - Blue green ~ dark
- SDF 3426 - Blue green ~ very dark
- SDF 3714 x 2 - Green grey (4 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 3716 - Green grey ~ dark (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 3745 - Golden olive ~ dark
- SDF 3746 - Mocha brown ~ dark
- SDF 3814 - Old gold ~ medium (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 3834 - Beige grey ~ dark
- SDF 4245 - Old gold ~ very dark
- SDF 4525 x 2 - Hazelnut brown ~ dark (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 4541 - Mahogany ~ ultra very light
- SDF 5384 - Grey green ~ medium
- SDF F10 - Tan – ultra very light (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF F22 x 2 - Yellow Beige ~ light (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SMS 517 - Hazelnut -brown dark - Included in 37 ct version for verse
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
“A 19th century needlework Sampler by Ann Castle, dated 1811, 45cm x 32cm, (the owners grandparents believe the image of the house in the sampler is that of Holly Cottage, 18 High Street, Wargrave, Berkshire. Ann Castle lived in the cottage which formed part of the estate of the local manor house, the (owners) grandparents lived in the house as both were in service at the local manor house, one as a chauffeur and the other as a housemaid. They continued to live at Holly Cottage after their retirement and it is possible that the sampler was in Holly Cottage while they lived there and was subsequently gifted to them at some point. While the sampler shows three upstairs windows you can see from the photo with the sampler that the middle window was bricked up during the Georgian period to avoid the window tax”.