Hands Across the Sea - Ellen Barber 1895 “Home Sweet Home” ~ Soie 1003 Thread Kit
Ellen Barbour, 1895 "Home Sweet Home" is a lovely small sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
This sampler has been worked with cross stitch over 2 strands of linen. The project is suitable for needleworkers of all levels of ability.
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only, Printed Chart only or as full kit with linen.
Full Kit option:
Includes linen + 11 spools of Soie 1003 thread, Printed Chart Booklet and 2 Tapestry Size 10 Beading Needles + Free Shipping (Gift with Purchase)
- 37 ct Fat Eighth - Corn Tassel - 18" x 17.5"
- 45 ct Fat Eighth - Wild Birdseed - 18" x 17.5"
- 45 ct Fat Eighth - Foxtail Millet - 18" x 17.5"
- 53/63 ct Fat Eighth - Sycamore Seed Pod - 18" x 29"
11 Spools of Au Ver a Soie®, Soie 1003 Includes:
- SMS 039 ~ Apricot ~ medium
- SMS 073 ~ Blue green ~ medium
- SMS 226 ~ Tangerine ~ light
- SMS 344 ~ Shell pink ~ very light
- SMS 557 ~ Antique violet ~ medium
- SMS 601 ~ Wedgwood ~ very dark
- SMS 604 ~ Wedgwood ~ light
- SMS 616 ~ Golden olive ~ very dark
- SMS 647 ~ Avocado green ~ light
- SMS 689 ~ Rose ~ deep
- SMS 702 ~ Mahogany ~ medium
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"Ellen was baptised on April 19, 1885 at Burgh Castle, Norfolk. Her parents were James, a seaman, and his wife Clare. Ellen recorded on her sampler that she finished her sampler in the January of 1895 in Belton.
Ellen married Alfred George Edwards, an engine cleaner, on December 19, 1902 at the age of 18. In the 1911 census return Alfred was working as a railway goods porter. Ellen and Alfred had had 4 children with three boys living (a fifth son was born after the census). The family had relocated to Yorkshire and were living at 72 Mount Street, Henley Grove, Rotherham. They remained in Rotherham, where Alfred and Ellen both died in 1958. Ellen was 72 years of age.
We very much hope that the home Ellen made for herself and her family was indeed “Home Sweet Home”."