Hands Across the Sea - Ellen Martha Whiting 1879 - Soie d'Alger Thread Kit
Ellen Martha Whiting, 1879 is colorful, beautiful sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
This sampler is suitable for needleworkers of all abilities. The stitches used are cross stitch over 1 and 2 threads and satin stitch together with six straight stitches that form the stamens on the two fuchsia heads.
**Please note, Sampler Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea.**
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only OR as full kit.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 32 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 36 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Half of Pecan Shortbread -35" x 36"
- 37 ct Fat Half of Corn Tassel - 35" x 36"
- 38 ct Fat Half of Fuller's Teazel - 35" x 36"
- 45 ct Fat Eighth of Foxtail Millet - 17.5" x 18"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Kit Includes:
- SDF 122 - Grey green ~ very light
- SDF 245 - Avocado green ~ light (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 526 - Golden olive ~ very dark
- SDF 1444 - Wedgewood ~ light
- SDF 1446 - Wedgewood ~ dark
- SDF 1822 - Blue green ~ very light
- SDF 2115 - Forest green ~ medium (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2126 - Olive green ~ dark (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2214 - Olive green ~ very dark
- SDF 2231 - Old gold ~ very light
- SDF 2234 - Golden olive ~ very light
- SDF 2235 - Golden olive
- SDF 2533 - Old gold ~ medium
- SDF 2911 - Peach ~ very light
- SDF 2912 - Desert sand ~ light
- SDF 2914 - Salmon ~ medium
- SDF 2924 - Salmon ~ very dark
- SDF 2925 - Garnet ~ medium
- SDF 2931 - Salmon ~ light
- SDF 2943 - Salmon
- SDF 3322 - Antique violet ~ very light
- SDF S3390 - Shell pink ~ ultra light
- SDF 3422 - Beige grey ~ medium
- SDF 3431 - Beige brown ~ very light
- SDF 3711 - Beige grey ~ light
- SDF 3821 - Tan ~ very light
- SDF 3825 - Brown ~ very light
- SDF 4114 - Beige brown ~ light
- SDF 4124 - Coffee brown ~ ultra dark
- SDF 4241 - Tan ~ ultra very light
- SDF 4534 - Beige grey ~ ultra dark
- SDF 5023 - Blue green
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"Ellen finished her sampler on Monday, February 3, 1879 when she was 12 years old. The day must have been a momentous one, and we can imagine her excitement. Some 142 years later we are very excited to share the reproduction of her sampler with you.
Ellen Martha Whiting was baptised in St Mary’s Church in the village of Colkirk, Norfolk, England on Wednesday, October 9, 1867."