Jane Hopkins, 1875 is beautiful sampler filled with florals from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
The reproduction of Jane’s sampler is predominantly worked with cross stitch laid over two threads of linen; the other stitch used is satin stitch. The sampler is suitable for needleworkers of all abilities.
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only, chart only or as full kit.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 34 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads, Printed Chart Booklet and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 39 skeins of Soie d'Alger thread, Printed Chart Booklet and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Half of Victoria Sponge Cake -35" x 36"
- 37 ct Fat Half of Corn Tassel - 35" x 36"
- 38 ct Fat Quarter of Fuller's Teazel - 18" x 35"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Kit Includes:
- SDF 112 Antique blue ~ very light
- SDF 165 Navy blue ~ very dark
- SDF 516 Moss green ~ dark (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 943 x 2 Christmas red (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 946 Garnet
- SDF 1342 Blue violet ~ medium dark
- SDF 1712 Antique blue ~ light
- SDF 1825 Jade green
- SDF 1846 Blue green ~ very dark
- SDF 2115 Parrot green ~ dark
- SDF 2214 x 2 Olive green ~ very dark (3 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2242 Yellow beige ~ medium (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 2244 Straw ~ very dark
- SDF 2615 Copper ~ medium
- SDF 2932 Salmon
- SDF 3322 Lavender ~ pale
- SDF 3341 White tin
- SDF 3342 Beaver grey ~ light
- SDF 3413 Cocoa ~ light
- SDF 3433 Mocha beige ~ medium
- SDF 3441 White violet
- SDF 3724 Pine green ~ medium (2 skeins for 30 ct version)
- SDF 3726 Pistachio green ~ ultra dark
- SDF 3842 Tin
- SDF 4124 Coffee brown ~ ultra dark
- SDF 4142 Desert sand ~ ultra dark
- SDF 4241 Beige brown ~ ultra light
- SDF 4635 Antique mauve ~ dark
- SDF 4646 Antique mauve ~ very dark
- SDF 4921 Baby blue
- SDF 5022 Celadon green ~ light
- SDF 5113 Antique violet ~ medium
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"Jane’s sampler is certainly one that catches the eye! A young Welsh school girl diligently stitched a sampler that is dominated by a decorative vase overflowing with blooms. You can almost smell the fragrant scent of the Cabbage Roses, also known as Rosa Centifolia, “the hundred petal rose.
The original sampler was stitched on Penelope canvas with wool thread and is of Welsh origin. Whilst acquired at auction in Carmarthenshire, there is no Jane Hopkins to be found in this Welsh county in the 1871 census. We believe that the young maker was one of four Janes, who ranged in age from 8 to 13 years, that were born and living in the county of Glamorganshire, Wales."