Hands Across the Sea - Jessie Watson c.1816 ~ Soie d'Alger Thread Kit
Jessie Watson 1816, is another sweet sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.
Jessie’s sampler is suitable for needleworkers of all abilities. The stitches used are cross stitch over two threads, eyelet stitch and three satin stitches.
**Please note, Sampler Thread Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea
Kit Options :
Choice of purchasing thread only or as full kit.
Full Kit options:
- 37 ct option for 1 strand: Includes linen of choice + 11 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct option for 2 strands : Includes linen of choice + 14 skeins of Soie d'Alger threads and 2 Tapestry Size 26 Needles (Gift with Purchase)
- 30 ct Fat Quarter - Victoria Sponge Cake - 18" x 35"
- 37 ct Fat Eighth - Corn Tassel - 18" x 17.5"
- 38 ct Fat Eighth - Fuller's Teazel - 18" x 17.5"
- 38 ct Fat Eighth - Brewer's Malt - 18" x 17.5"
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie d'Alger Includes:
SDF 525 ~ Golden oliveSDF 2925 ~ Christmas red ~ dark (2 skeins for 30 ct version)SDF 3195 ~ Beige brown ~ darkSDF 3446 ~ Pewter grey ~ very darkSDF 3735 ~ Avocado green ~ very dark (3 skeins for 30 ct version)SDF 4242 ~ Hazelnut brown ~ lightSDF 4622 ~ Shell pink ~ lightSDF 4623 ~ Shell pink ~ darkSDF 5382 ~ Grey green ~ lightSDF 5384 ~ Grey green ~ mediumSDF F09 ~ Hazelnut brown
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"This delightful sampler stitched on 24ct linen with wool by Jessie Watson charmed us from the first glance. Unfortunately, Jessie did not include a date or a location on her sampler, so we have not been able to identify her in family history records. However, we do know of another sampler that has an almost identical house and heart that was stitched in 1816.
Sometimes when researching a sampler, we have to look to the motifs for clues as to the identity of its young maker. We believe Jessie’s sampler to be Scottish."